Post Flood Action
Southern California is not known for its storms and floods but when storms come, and floods your local neighborhood, be sure to follow these following guidelines:
- Tune in to your local news to learn whether the water supply is safe to drink.
- Avoid floodwaters; it may be contaminated by oil, gasoline, or sewage water.
- Avoid moving water.
- Return home only when authorities indicate it is safe.
- Avoid downed power lines, and report them to the power company.
- Stay away from damaged sewage systems – they are a serious health hazard
These are just some pointers for you to follow in the aftermath of a flood. If there is anything that your local SERVPRO can do for you, whether it is water remediation or temporary roofing, do not hesitate to call us at (661)296-4600.